MARIAGE AND FAMILY LIFE MINISTRY REPORT – 7th APRIL 2017
We hosted a Workshop for Coordinators:
Fr Peter Switala
|Logistics||The team||Prepared and well planned.
The venue was ok. We borrowed 16 chairs from the Cathedral.
|Attendance||+- 57 Coordinators, plus two Priests and one deacon attended.
17 Parishes were represented
All deaneries except Northern deanery were represented
|A good attendance.|
During the workshop, Fr Patric Rakeketsi highlighted the need for Marriage accompaniment program, which is meant to help couples the young and newlyweds. The team then asked him and his team to come up with suggestions. They will present their proposed program to the Diocese FLM team on Saturday the 8th April 2017.
If all goes according to plan, we will have all coordinators meeting/ workshop on the 8th May to prepare them for the program.
- We met with Fr Emil of Southern Deanery for Saturday 18th February in Tembisa as was reported in the previous evangelisation meeting. He is happy to work with us.
- So far, the following deaneries have representation: Northern deanery, Western deanery, Southern Deanery, North western deanery and North eastern deanery. Northern deanery is our next assignment.
- On Sunday 2nd April, we attended the North western deanery DPC meeting where we gave a short presentation to request that they give support to the FLM coordinator and her team.
- The Deaneries structure has been set up and our next target is to help Parishes through deanery coordinators, to have projects running at parish level.
- 26th February – St Mary’s Mamelodi west celebrated Family Day. We were invited to give a talk about Family ministry.
- 26th February – Fr Peter Switala promoted Family ministry at the parish.
The following Parishes celebrated Family Day on 26th March:
- St Peter Claver in Mamelodi celebrated Family Day with Holy Mass and social afterwards. We were invited to give a talk on Family ministry.
- St Mary’s Kwa-mhlanga celebrated Family Day with Mass and blessing of Couples and all,
- St Charles Lwanga in Soshanguve, the Parish bought candles for the men and the Priest blessed them.
- St Annes Atteridgeville celebrated human rights day.
- St Vincent Tembisa FLM went to Madela kufa for works of mercy during this time of mercy to give children and mothers food and drink.
- Immaculate Conception – Introduced FLM and the Family cross. Two families were to start on the week following the Family Day celebration.
- 2nd April, as per invitation by Fr David-Maria, we visited St Zeno in Letlhabile and gave a talk about Marriage and Family Ministry during Holy Mass.
Other parish reports
- St Georges Saulsville – FLM eas officially made part of PPC and the coordinators given an opportunity to explain the purpose of family ministry and the information will be spread to SCC.
- Our Lady of Perpetual help Wespark – Nothing happened as the PPC was elected on the 26th March.
- Christ the King Mabopane postponed Family Day to 2nd April.
- Maria Regina Lyttelton – The Priest asked to postpone Family day to the following week when he will highlight the ministry.